The Best American-Style Pancakes
Serves 4 people / Cooking time: 20 minutes
280g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
220g plant-based milk
230g soy yoghurt
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sunflower/vegetable oil plus extra for frying
- In a bowl, combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder salt.
- In another bowl, measure the the plant-based milk, soy yoghurt, water and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until you have a smooth batter. Add a little more plant-based milk if it's too thick. It should be thick but loose enough that it falls off the spoon.
- Preheat your oven to 80°C Conventional / 100°C Fan / Gas Mark 1.
- Heat a teaspoon veg oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, then add a dollop of the batter and gently smooth down to form a pancake a a few centimetres thick.
- Cook over a low-medium heat and flip halfway through cooking onto the other side.
- Serve with chopped fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) and a few dollops of soya yoghurt and drizzle with plenty maple, agave or golden syrup.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.